Welcome to the Epsilon Xi Omega Chapter experience in excellence! My name is Deborah Davis-Gillespie and I am the president of the San Diego Graduate Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. I have the pleasure of serving with more than 140 local, college educated women as we work together to serve all mankind. Our International program focuses on the following:
1. Supporting Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and implementing our signature program #CAP through which we assist high school students through the College Admissions Process
2. Advocating for women's healthcare and wellness by promoting breast cancer awareness and prevention, heart health, caring for our caregivers, and nutrition and wellness.
3. Building economic legacy by concentrating on financial planning, asset accumulation, credit repair and monitoring, entrepreneurship and strategically utilizing the Black Dollar.
4. Celebrating “The Arts!” by highlighting and promoting local black artists and educating community members about the Harlem Renaissance and the Black Arts Movement
5. Striving to make a global impact by: collecting gently used shoes and old eyeglasses for donation and sewing dresses and shirts for children in Haiti. We also provide assistance to refugees living in America.
Our goal is to positively impact and provide services internationally and in our community. The San Diego Graduate Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha offers college scholarships to high school students each year at our annual Scholarship Recognition Event. There, we recognize and congratulate San Diego students for their academic and artistic achievements.
Our Leadership AKAdemy offers female high school students between the ages of 16 and 19 an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills, social skills, and academic skills as they prepare to transition from a young girl to a young lady. The culmination of the program is the Epsilon Xi Omega Annual Debutante Ball, our signature program dating back to 1955.
The San Diego Graduate Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated is on the move and working hard to make a difference. I have mentioned a few of our areas of involvement but there is so much more. I invite you to browse through our website and learn more about us and our mission. It is our desire to carry out our international program “Exemplifying Excellence Through Sustainable Service” in all we do. Perhaps you have met some of our sorority members in your community and if not, this website is a start to getting to know us and our focus. Service to All Mankind… we live it and we implement it in all we do. Thank you for visiting our site. Enjoy!
Deborah Davis-Gillespie, President
San Diego Graduate Chapter,
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated®